Throughout your life you’ve been told to drink more water for better health and in truth it is the healthiest thing you can drink.
– It lowers blood pressure
– Improves type 2 diabetes
– Helps you lose weight
– Boosts your energy level
– Reduces the risk of several types of cancers
– Boosts your brain power and decreases risk of dementia
– Tackles stress
…and SO much more!
Here are many reasons to replace all other beverages with water, dump the rest and drink the best! Here are a multitude of reasons to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day:
1. Life cannot exist without water!
2. Over 75% of your body and 85% of your brain is made up of water and you can only live for about four days without it. Life would not exist if there was no water and that is why we should always be adding water to our bodies.
3. To function properly, every single cell and organ in your body needs water.
4. Most people lose about 8 cups of water a day through sweating, exhaling, urinating, and bowel movements, so it needs to be replaced!
5. Your immune system works much better if you drink the right amount of water your body needs, and you will feel healthier and stronger.
6. Drinking none or too little water can leave the body’s cells dehydrated, weak and unable to attack diseases. This is called Chronic Cellular Dehydration.
7. Studies have proven that people who drink more than five glasses of water a day are 40% less likely to die from a heart attack.
8. Drinking more water can reduce the risk of bladder cancer by 50 percent. Recent studies have proven that men who drink a very high amount of water reduce their risk of bladder cancer. The studies show that the risk of bladder cancer is reduced by 7% for every 240 ml of water that was added. Good hydration reduces the risk of breast cancer. The risk of colon cancer can be minimized by 45% by hydrating well.
9. Studies prove that women who drink more than five glasses of water a day rather than two or less are about 40% less likely to die from disease- and it has an even bigger impact on men.
10. The risk of Alzheimer’s as well as atherosclerosis can be decreased by drinking enough water throughout our lifetimes.
11. Water minimizes the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
12. Studies have shown that drinking water can help minimize the risk of glaucoma.
13. Water severely reduces the risk of lymphoma and leukaemia.
14. Stomach acid problems can be healed with proper hydration. When you try to treat heartburn with different pills it can eventually create cancer in the liver and pancreas. Drinking enough water every day is less risky and works better in the long term. It has been scientifically proven that the risk of heartburn is reduced and heartburn can be healed by drinking a good amount of water on a daily basis.
15. When it is really hot and sunny the cooling effect on our body is the result of the evaporation of our sweat. When this happens if there is too little water in your body then your body temperature will increase. This can lead to sunstroke, so the risk of sunstroke can be reduced by drinking water.
16. The destruction of DNA can be prevented with proper hydration.
17. Water cleanses the metabolic system, and it comes out in the form of urine and sweat. Think of it as a detoxifying agent. Drinking water gets rid of toxins from your kidneys and bowels. If you are dehydrated, toxins will clog your system, slow down the function of your kidneys and bowels and make you feel drowsy or even sick.
18. Water helps remove excess nitrogen, urea and ketone’s, so it is really important to hydrate when following a high protein diet.
19. Oxygen in the bloodstream is much higher when you are well hydrated. So it’s very important for overall blood circulation. Because the oxygen level is higher, you will feel much more energetic. With increased oxygen levels, your body burns more fat.
20. Hydrating well minimizes the incidence of arthritis, colitis and back pain.
21. It has been said that drinking water can help create moisture in the air in your lungs.
22. Drinking a healthy amount of water for a long period of time reduces Migraines. There are many reasons for headaches, but dehydration is one of the most common.
23. Good hydration reduces menopausal hot flashes.
24. Hydrating well helps keep morning sickness from happening during pregnancy.
25. Water, along with fiber, can help relieve constipation. Water can reduce bloating. Changing your diet isn’t really necessary unless your bloating is severe, but proper hydration reduces the pain and swelling.
26. Drinking a glass of water before drinking a glass of alcohol will reduce the risk of hangover the next day. BUT why not just avoid Alcohol it is poisonous to the body!
27. Proper hydration can reduce a fever and get rid of mucus. It can even replace medicine! That is why it is essential to drink lots of water while you’re ill.
28. Drinking water can minimize pain that your body feels by activating your lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is a collection of nodes, tubes, vessels, and fluid that remove the waste from your tissues. You need to drink water for this to happen. Water helps to detoxify your body through the lymphatic system, kidneys,and intestines.
29. Proper hydration reduces the risk of kidney stones forming.
30. Drinking water lubricates your joints and helps stop arthritis and other joint pain. It protects against serious damage in the long term.
31. Muscle cramping and fatigue during exercise is a caused by dehydration.
32. Dehydration reduces protein synthesis. Protein synthesis builds muscle. When this happens, fewer calories form proteins and more calories end up in your fat stores. End results: less muscles, more fat.
33. Your spinal discs take in much more water if you are well hydrated. This can drastically reduce back pain.
34. Water helps the body metabolize stored fat. Studies have shown that when you stop drinking water it will causes fat to store up. Drinking enough water, on the other, hand reduces fat storage. Water helps your metabolism work more efficiently if you’re overweight.
35. According to recent studies, one glass of water helps to keep you from getting up in the middle of the night for a midnight snack.
36. 37% of people often mistake hunger for thirst. Drinking the right amount of water controls your weight by preventing you from confusing hunger with thirst.
37. Drinking one or two glasses of water before eating a meal fills you up so you eat less.
38. You need to hydrate more to keep your kidneys working well.
39. Dehydration doesn’t just occur during the summer. It happens frequently during the winter.
40. Science has proven that drinking water lowers LDL or bad cholesterol levels.
41. Drinking water helps the body’s cooling system work well. Studies reveal that during exercise, water is much better than sports drinks or juices. When exercising you should be drinking water before, during and after exercise. When you are dehydrated it makes it harder to move and it slows you down. Drinking a good amount of water will help your muscles recover and stay healthy.
42. Cramps and sprains can be severely decreased with good hydration.
43. Dehydration can cause poor nutrient absorption, digestion and even severe chemical reactions.
44. Water helps absorb many important nutrients and minerals such as salt. In order to get the very best out of all the nutrients you need to drink enough water.
45. Studies have shown that water helps dissolve solids so with sufficient water your intestines and stomach have a much easier time digesting your food.
46. Billions of gallons of calorie-filled drinks are consumed every year. There would be a major impact on the nation’s health by replacing them with water.
47. Water suppresses appetite. Water is calorie-free, so it makes you feel like you are full, which decreases your appetite and reduces your overall calorie intake.
48. Other drinks such as milk, fizzy drinks, coffee, etc. can increase the risk of heart attack or heart diseases so it’s better to replace them with water.
49. Water (except shop-bought water) is very inexpensive. Drinking from the tap will save you money as opposed to having to buy other drinks like juices and sodas, ensure you have good quality drinking water.
50. Buying bottled water always costs less than any other drinks, and you can most often buy it in bulk for a cheaper price.
51. Those who are addicted to caffeine and even alcohol can drink more water to help them deal with these addictions.
52. Your bones are made of more than 55% water and that is why you need to drink water to make new and healthy bone cells.
53. During dehydration your body tries to adjust by drawing water from blood vessels to reduce the loss of water elsewhere, but it can increase blood pressure. To keep this from happening, you need to drink the right amount of water. When you don’t drink enough water the water from your blood stream is taken away by the tissues and cells and the volume of the blood flow diminishes. When this happens the heart works too hard – inducing hypertension- which can lead to heart disease. Drinking water will prevent this from happening.
54. Drinking more than five glasses of water a day will protect your body against high blood sugar levels. This helps improve and even cure type 2 diabetes.
55. Water helps improve electrical function so your brain and nervous system work properly.
56. Science has proven that your brain makes about the same amount of electricity as a 60 watt light bulb, and hydration is the key to help it function properly.
57. Dehydration is the biggest reason for daytime fatigue. Studies have shown that a 2% drop in body water will create short-term memory loss and trouble with simple math and focus.
58. To improve cognitive performance by about 30%, drink about eight to ten cups of water every day. Drinking more water will help your brain function at optimal levels. That is why it is so important to have a water bottle with you at any place where you need to learn and study.
59. While your mind may react to caffeine in the morning because it is a stimulant, water helps the rest of your body get moving. It begins by helping to ease dry mouth and goes on to work the magic of flow throughout your system.
60. Studies have proven that dehydration makes you feel confused, moody and angry, so drinking more water will help you stay in a better mood.
61. As little as one to two percent of dehydration in the body can steal your energy and make you feel tired or even sick.
62. Failure to drink enough water can cause muscle weakness, dizziness and fatigue.
63. Drinking water relieves anxiety and stress and even reduces depression.
64. Good hydration throughout the day helps you fall asleep more easily at night and can cure insomnia.
65. As little as 3% of dehydration can cause stress hormones to be released.
66. All the hormones created throughout your body need water to function.
67. When you are dehydrated your old skin cells make your skin look saggy and wrinkly. When your body sweats after drinking water, it clarifies your skin and leaves it in good condition. Water helps reduce dryness all around your body, including your skin. In just about two weeks of proper hydration (after being dehydrated) your skin will glow beautifully. Drinking a healthy amount of water will, in time, brighten up your face and remove dark circles, pores and acne.
68. Drinking water can, after a certain amount of time, give you shiny and soft hair and get rid of dry and split ends. Drinking lots of water can help your hair grow much faster! Dehydration can make your natural hair colour fade out a bit, so hydrate well and your colour will be bolder and more beautiful.
69. Drinking a good amount of water every day helps you achieve beautiful looking, healthy and strong nails. Hydrating well will make your nails grow faster.
70. To keep your teeth beautiful and healthy drink plenty of water. When dehydrated, your mouth can get very dry because it is not creating enough salvia. This can lead to destructive bacteria in your mouth and bad breath. Drinking water will make your teeth really strong, which will help you chew your food more easily. Sports drinks, apple juice, sodas- even milk- rot your teeth. Water is the only liquid that actively prevents tooth decay.
WATER IS WHAT YOUR BODY NEEDS TO BE HEALTHY!
If you are chronically dehydrated then start slowly sipping body temperature water and build up quantity slowly – it is not advisable to drink too much too quickly as this will put pressure on your kidneys. Quality of water is important, water from the tap although better than none is chemically cleaned and therefore lacking in bio-availability. Get a Wellness Water Carafe from sortlifeout.co.uk or a BioCera water jug which is available online from Amazon, this will provide mineral rich alkaline water. Carry a water bottle with you to ensure that you always have a means of hydration on hand. Bobble is a bottle that filters as you drink, also available online.
Written by Fiona Milligan – Vital Detox, http://www.vitaldetox.com